August 14, 2014

Announcing blogger sabbatical

Dear Blog Subscribers and Readers,

If you have detected a decline in blog frequency of late, it's not your imagination. After more than seven years, I have made the difficult decision to take a sabbatical break from regular blogging in order to direct my energy toward some larger writing projects.

As some of you know, in addition to juggling forensic case work, trainings and teaching with family life, I have also experienced a considerable increase in professional travel. This represents exciting professional growth for me, but I am finding that this schedule makes it hard to pursue more in-depth writing projects along with regular blogging. By carving out this opportunity to write in a different way, I hope to refine my ideas, and return to blogging with the enthusiasm I have felt from such a rewarding pursuit.

I enjoy the connections that blogging has allowed me to forge with mental health professionals, attorneys, criminologists, students, writers, scholars and others around the world. I’ll be back, and in the meantime I hope you continue to share your insights and observations with me through venues such as Twitter.

Feedblitz subscribers

If you receive this blog via a Feedblitz subscription, there is no need to do anything. I may blog occasionally during my sabbatical, as time and/or inspiration permit. I also hope to periodically re-post a few reader favorites. With your Feedblitz subscription, you will be the first to know when I'm back at full throttle.

Paid subscribers

If you are one of my loyal paid subscribers, you may want to temporarily suspend your PayPal payments and just stick with the Feedblitz subscription until I return to more regular posting. I deeply appreciate your ongoing support, but there is no need to donate to the blog when it is not producing.

Australian followers

A special message to my followers in Australia: Keep an eye out for me in October. I will be doing some trainings as well as keynote talks at Bond University in Queensland and at forensic conferences in Brisbane and Sydney, and would love to see and/or meet you. Look for a blog announcement with further details.

Archives

The blog archives contain almost a thousand posts on a multitude of topics pertaining to forensic psychology and criminology. The posts will still be there, even while I am away. So if you are doing some research, feel free to search the archives. There are two easy ways to do this. One is to browse by topic on the blog's home page (look down the right column, under the word "labels"). The other is to use the search box, again on the home page, to do a more specific search, for example by a keyword or author. 

Tweet, tweet!

Finally, if you have a Twitter account, I'd love to see you over on Twitter, where I remain active. Follow me @kfranklinphd

So -- sit back, relax, and stay tuned. I'll be back in a flash.

No comments: